Gypsum Express Ltd., a premier flatbed carrier is looking for a Driver Training Instructor in our Michigan City, IN regional office. The purpose of this position is to coordinate training as well as instructor duties in our Orientation classes. This position will be responsible for the daily activities, education and productivity of our new drivers. Individual must like working with people, have the ability to coach drivers and have a desire to promote safety in the trucking industry. Individual must be highly motivated, technology oriented and have excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
Duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Oversee the daily activities and training of the New Drivers.
- Perform Road testing.
- Run an instructional class.
- Perform Classroom training of policies and procedures.
- Educate on the proper use of Qualcomm.
- Hands on training with Gypsum Equipment; tractors, trailers, and loading materials.
- Perform final testing.
- Qualified candidate must have a valid CDL-A driver’s license.
- Two or more years of relevant training or orientation background preferred.