Gypsum Express, a premier flatbed carrier is currently looking for a Truck Mechanic/Trailer Mechanic for our Carrollton, KY terminal. As a Truck Mechanic/Trailer Mechanic , you will maintain diesel equipment by completing inspections and preventive maintenance; correct vehicle defects; perform diagnostics of electronic, pneumatic and mechanical systems; document fleet service records using computer terminals.
In this role as a Truck Mechanic/Trailer Mechanic you will communicate effectively with shop team, management and our fleet of professional drivers. You must demonstrate the willingness and ability to support our teams, follow directions and meet critical deadlines in a high volume diesel shop environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities for the role. May assign other duties to meet business needs.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by adjusting, repairing or replacing parts, components or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, suspension, hydraulics;
- Completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, polishing and painting.
- Maintains shop equipment operations following safety procedures; performing preventive maintenance; troubleshoot and repair.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reviewing technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing duties in a safe, professional manner.
Experience preferred in tire installation and semi-trailer repair but we are willing to train the right candidate. Must possess a valid operator license with a satisfactory driving record. Preferred candidates will possess a valid Class-A CDL.
Job Type: Full Time
We offer a competitive wage & comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401-k retirement savings with company match. Learn more about our family owned, family operated, family oriented company at www.GypsumExpress.com
Join us and you will see why “Our Drivers Make The Difference”.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org