Are your trucks automatic?
Our trucks are 10-speeds; however, we are currently researching auto shift transmissions.
Do we run elogs?
Yes, we currently use a log book compliant, QualComm System.
Do your trucks have APUs?
No, we do not have APUs, our trucks are equipped with Park Smart, Auxiliary Heating and Cooling Systems, which are a factory heating and cooling system.
How do I get started?
The best way to get started is to fill out our online application and contact your local recruiter if you have any questions or need any assistance. Call 844-4GYPSUM to talk to a recruiter!
How long will I be on the road?
As a general rule of thumb, we aim to give drivers 34-48 hours of home time each week. If you are routed home Friday, you can expect to head out Sunday night; and if you are home Saturday, you can expect to head out Monday morning. Weekend routes can often be arranged for drivers that wish to stay out instead.
Do I have to sign a contract?
No, we do not require contracts.
How much can I earn per year?
This is a difficult question because pay varies based on multiple factors; such as, experience, time with the company, bonuses, and the desire of the driver. To find out where your pay would fall, contact the recruiter for that terminal by calling 844-4GYPSUM.
How many drivers do you need?
You can apply to any of our 14 terminals at any time and they generally will have open positions.
Do you keep the same trailer?
No, we do drop and hook with our trailers.
Do you do a lot of slip seating?
No, our trucks are assigned to drivers; however, there are exceptions when trucks are in repair.
Do you allow passengers?
Yes, we do allow passengers. Here is the criteria:
The guidelines for participation in this program are as follows:
• Passenger must receive written authorization from Gypsum Express, Ltd. prior to riding in the vehicle.
• Driver may become eligible for this program after completion of their 90-day probationary period.
• Driver shall have acquired 6-months [minimum] of verifiable safe, solo driving history to qualify.
• Authorization for passenger insurance will be based on the employee’s performance and safety record.
* This determination will be made by the Safety Director and/or Human Resources Manager.
• Passenger must be an immediate family member of the Gypsum Express Driver.
• Passenger cannot be a co-driver, helper, or work for the Driver.
• No hitchhikers allowed!
• Photograph and/or copy of State ID or School ID of passenger must be on file at Gypsum Express.
• Passenger must provide proof of medical insurance coverage.
• Passenger must be at least 14 years old. Proof of age [birth certificate or State ID] required.
• Children under 16 years old must have written Parental or Guardian permission to participate.
• Children under 16 years old are not allowed while school is in session.
• Passenger Authorization Form must be complete, and a copy carried with the Gypsum Express Driver.
• The Gypsum Express Driver agrees to pay the full insurance premium required for the passenger.
• The passenger must utilize his/her seat belt when riding in the seat.
• Some customers do not allow children on their premises. You must be prepared to adhere to the customers’ policy if so requested.
The cost of the insurance needed is based on the following scale:
- 30 Days: $57.00
- 60 Days: $71.00
- 90 Days: $110.00
- 120 Days: $125.00
- 180 Days: $175.00
- 365 Days: $340.00
Do you allow pets?
No, we do not allow drivers to bring pets with them.