Experience and Certifications:
- Class A CDL
- Current DOT physical with long form and medical card
- At least 21 years old
- Good verifiable job history
- Good safety records including accident and CSA scores
- No DWI/DUI in the last three years
- No failed drug or alcohol screens in the last three years. Any over three years must have successfully completed SAP program and receive approval from safety.
- Felony convictions must be reviewed by safety prior to leasing
- All criminal records within seven years reviewed with management
- Current Form 2290 (Heavy Vehicle Use Tax) showing “PAID”
- Title or title application for tractor
- Current DOT inspection
- Tractor Registration if running under own plate
- Lessor agreement with financing company
- Power of Attorney from finance company (if financed and in plate program)
- Incorporation papers (if applicable)
- Insurance certificates (must meet Red Independent Contractor, LLC standards if providing own insurance) naming Red Independent Contractor LLC as “Holder”
- No maximum age for tractor, but must be able to support Qualcom system for e-logs.
- Tractors must have Qualcom/ forward facing dash-cam. Red Independent Contractor can supply and install ($9.75 weekly usage fee applies)
- All tractors must have proper storage for cargo protection and securement items. Trailers do not have storage boxes or bulkheads.
- Must have scaled ticket for tractor full of fuel. Fully equipped, with driver in truck, it must be under 20,000 lbs to legally scale up to 51,000 lbs loaded on our trailers.
- Tractor must pass inspection at Red Independent Contractor designated shop prior to orientation.
- Must provide own personal protective equipment including: hard hat, safety glasses, boots, hearing protection, reflective vest, long pants, and long sleeve shirts.